About the Award
SAKK & Celgene’s «HEM Pioneer» Grant to Support Pioneering Ideas to Fight Blood Cancer
Many types of blood cancer remain incurable and are associated with severe morbidity and increased mortality. SAKK’s HEM Pioneer Grant is funded by Celgene and aims to support projects and research that could potentially pave the way for a game changing outcome in the field of blood cancers.
Key information About the Grant
- Grant is endowed with CHF 50’000.–
- Application deadline is September 30, 2020
- Your application must be submitted electronically via this webpage
- are a practicing physician, clinical researcher or professional in a patient care institution/society
- have your primary place of research in Switzerland
- must finance your project via an institutional bank account
- intends to pave the way for a potentially game-changing impact in the field of hemato-oncological diseases including their premalignancies
- has a research nature (e.g. clinical or translational research, database/registry research, working and patient care models, assessment tools, etc.)
- must not be a basic science project
- may focus on aspects such as treatment approaches, mode of action of drugs, mode of disease, interdisciplinary communication/collaboration, etc.
- is conducted in Switzerland
- is planned or ongoing
An independent jury, chaired by the SAKK board member Prof. Gabriela Baerlocher, evaluates all projects and announces the grant winner at the Swiss Oncology and Hematology Congress (SOHC) in November 2020, where he/she will be requested to present a short exposé on the planned research. Further notifications about the winning project will be published in the Schweizer Krebsbulletin, the SAKK newsletter and on this website.
For the full requirements and more information on the eligibility of the projects, please read the Rules & Regulations.
We are looking forward to receive your game-changing project soon.